Observation

"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again..."

Name:
Location: Tampa, FL, United States

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Not Resting While Vacationing

Barack Obama and family are beginning a 10-day vacation on a multi-acre estate. This is the man who said, "That's why when I'm President, I will put comprehensive immigration reform back on the nation's agenda during my first year in office, and I will not rest until it is passed once and for all." And, there's this nuisance of a quote, “As far as I’m concerned, we won’t have a recovery as long as we keep losing jobs,” Obama said. “And I will not rest until every American who wants a job can find one.” And who also said, "I will not rest until the education system if fixed in this nation."

There's a whole lot of resting underway for someone who said repeatedly he wouldn't rest until... Now, vacations are good, even for a president. The rub is if he thought he would take a vacation why did he make those outlandish promises about not resting until they're satisfactorily met? And one wonders why he's so distrusted. Words matter.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home