Observation

"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again..."

Name:
Location: Tampa, FL, United States

Friday, September 05, 2008

McCain and Country

President McCain stated in his acceptance speech at the RNC last night, "I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else’s... I was never the same again. I wasn’t my own man anymore. I was my country’s.”

If McCain believes he exists primarily to serve His country then the expectation of his administration would be for you too to see yourself as "your country's." Firstly, this is an antibiblical position as the church is the salt and light of the earth, not a country, community or other like entity. Man was created to belong to God. God never decreed that man should desire to belong to a "greater body” of men (e.g. political elite), euphemistically referred to as "country." Secondly, such a perception is a threat to private property rights. When the feds dole out entitlements then by definition they must muster the means for sustaining the provisions, no matter how meager.

For a country to be good, stable and rooted its Christian faith needs to be strong and growing. America has been weakening for decades because of its ever-increasing devotion to syncretism. The plague even has impressive tentacles within the walls of the Christian church.

Is Obama the answer? PPhhhtthh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous www.gregrummo.com said...

At he hospital where you work, do you exist to serve your patients? I hope so. Context, context context...pfffffft!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Scott Parrish said...

Yes. Having said that there are clearly issues to think through when a Catholic-secular employer is fully committed to polytheism. I believe McCain's speech writer could have been less ambiguous and stiff-armed use of speech that appeared to be exaggerated spin.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home