Observation

"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again..."

Name:
Location: Tampa, FL, United States

Friday, September 24, 2004

Tax rates and traffic jams

While heading South this morning towards a hurricane-precipitated sinkhole I swiflty turned my Honda Element in to the Wendy's parking lot to avoid the traffic congestion. From there I passed through the Target parking lot, pass the ABC liquor store and onto Livingston Avenue. Having deftly avoided 7.35 minutes of bumper-to-bumper traffic due to the sinkhole I pondered how this is not too dissimilar from the average Americans' behavior when faced with initiation into the fellowship of a higher tax bracket. We'll do the strange and unexpected to avoid an inconvenience-- be it traffic snarls or increased contributions to the Great Sata... I mean, the bloated, federal government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home